Date:      Wed, 25 Aug 1999 11:03:01 -0500
From:      tchurch@nortelnetworks.com (Thomas Church)
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Sound Blaster 16

I'm a novice to FreeBSD and I need some help. I'm trying to get sound to my
KDE desktop.
When trying to build the kernel, I'm getting  an error code 1 from a
function in "set_irq_hw" and "sb16_dsp_detect" stating an undefined
reference to "sb_setmixer".
I've tried using just the sb0 device in the kernel and I get a "NOTE! SB Pro
support required with your soundcard! during the boot process. Any idea what
this needs? This is what prompted me to try the sbxvi0 and sbmidi0 devices
which gives the error code 1. Do I even need these devices?
With just the sb0 everything loads but I still have no sound from the
desktop.

Any help as to what I'm missing would be greatly appreciated.

Thomas Church
Nortel Networks
ASE Group - Instant Internet
210-979-2153