Date:      Wed, 10 Aug 2005 09:04:52 -0400
From:      "Lisa Casey" <lisa@jellico.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Sendmail & relaying from network

--=======AVGMAIL-42F9FB7535A6=======

Hi,

  I have three computers networked together - one Freebsd 5.4 and two
  WinXP boxes.

  I cannot get Sendmail to relay messages from the two WinXP boxes. I
  continue to receive an error message that relaying is not allowed. The
  only way I can get it to work is to use the =
"FEATURE(`promiscuous_relay')"
  directive. That is risky, and therefore I do not want to use it.

  The two WinXP boxes are 192.168.0.3 and 192.168.0.2 respectively. The
  FreeBSD box is names 'ges.seibercom.net' and the main WinXP box is
  'gerard.seibercom.net'. What sort of directive should I be using to
  allow the WinXP box to send mail through Sendmail and still have a
  secure system?      =20

  Add the IP addresses of the WinXP boxes to /etc/mail/relay-domains

  See http://www.sendmail.org/faq/section3.html#3.27 in the Sendmail FAQ

  Lisa Casey

--=======AVGMAIL-42F9FB7535A6=======

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.