Date:      7 May 2002 12:30:34 -0000
From:      atk2@arctic.org
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   "Green Mode" for monitors

Under freebsd 2.2.7 I had green mode enabled and at the appropriate time
my monitor would switch off...

Under freebsd 4.5 this does not happen. It just goes blank. I believe I am
running XFree86 3.6 (was 3.5 under 2.2.7 - and I'm using the same XF86Config
file). I believe xset dpms is new for this version of XFree86 -- but I have
it enabled (aka xset dpsm 300 600 1200).

There is also some values in the rc.conf file (blankscreen I believe)...

I should note the monitor is the same as is the video card but the motherboard
has changed (was an Asus ??? with  P100 now it is an Asus A7V333)...

Any suggestions ?

Thanks