Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 1995 17:27:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrew Webster <root@vhf.dataradio.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.0 doesn't always see serial ports!

Hi,

This is actually an adendum to the gated problem I posted not too long
ago.  When the system crashes, after the reboot, it does not see 6 of the
8 ports on a digiboard pc8 card.  I've configured it as described in the
SIO(4) documentation for a BOCA board with a shared IRQ, flags 0x905.
When this happends, if I do a manual reboot (sync;sync;sync;reboot), the
system comes backup correctly with all serial ports visible.

Could there be a timing problem in the driver somewhere?

-----
Andrew Webster          DATARADIO, Inc.
Network Manager         http://www.dataradio.com
Special Projects        awebster@dataradio.com