Date:      Tue, 3 May 2005 20:50:47 -0600
From:      Pat Maddox <pergesu@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: make installworld (remotely)

Huh?  How about the many many production machines located at remote
datacenters?  How do people upgrade those?

I've personally done hundreds of remote upgrades without ever
rendering a machine unrecoverable.  In fact, the only problems I've
run into are with a noexec /tmp, but that's easily fixable when doing
an upgrade.