Date:      Sun, 19 Oct 2008 12:31:59 -0700
From:      "Len Gross" <sandiegobiker@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Polling and Sleep in a Driver

Warner,

Thanks so much for your response.  This is really a case where I'm a
bit over my head!

I thought on a a "busy" machine, there was a fundamental "no uppper
bound" on the wait on a sleep; independent of the Hz?  Not real-time
blah, blah, ......

I am trying to understand if a driver "sleep" gets special attention
(i.e higher "priority") so that I see less slop in the timing.

Of course, I could hack up a driver and try some tests, but wanted
some advice before diving into that pool.

Thanks again.

-- Len