Date:      Fri, 21 Dec 2001 20:48:24 +0100
From:      Nils Holland <nils@tisys.org>
To:        "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.5-PRERELEASE announcement ?

On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 07:55:21AM -0800, Bruce A. Mah stood up and spoke:

> Speaking as someone who works with the re team (but isn't a part of it),
> I wouldn't interpret this omission as any change in policy.  I'm sure
> that murray didn't mean to keep non-committers "out of the loop" on the
> state of 4.5-RELEASE...I bet he probably just forgot.  For more
> information on "the events leading towards the release", see this
> timeline:

I wouldn't interpret it as a change in policy either, and I'm also not
complaining. I just suggested that whatever the official policy is, I
thought it was a good idea to have such announcements available also on
some "generally accessible" list. As I have heard that announcements also
go to -qa, I'm quite happy ;-)

Again, I didn't mean to make my message sound like a complaint. If it
looked like that, sorry!

[SNIP]

> You realize, right, that you can *always* cvsup -STABLE and test it,
> regardless of whether the branch is frozen or not, right?  :-)

Right, I guess that's what I'm going to do tomorrow ;-)

Greetings
Nils

--
Nils Holland
Ti Systems - FreeBSD in Tiddische, Germany