Date:      12 Apr 1998 15:35:02 -0500
From:      stephen farrell <stephen@farrell.org>
To:        "Martin Von_Schantz" <ikaros_net@hotmail.com>
Cc:        Questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Windows managers

"Martin Von_Schantz" <ikaros_net@hotmail.com> writes:

> Hello, I have been recommended the KDE desktop environment by some
> 'Linux users' :)
> it doesn't seem that BSD friendly unfourtunately so I wondered
> if anyone had a better windows manager to recommend.

As others have said, check out the KDE port (see
http://freebsd.org/ports/ for more info).  However, as far as window
managers go, I'd recommend icewm highly (and I've used them all).
It's extremely fast, extremely small, has ways to do everything from
the keyboard, looks very nice (and look is highly configurable), plus
it has a cute little BSD button ;-).

--

Steve Farrell