Date:      Mon, 25 Aug 2003 07:15:59 +0000
From:      Holger Kipp <Holger.Kipp@alogis.com>
To:        lofi@FreeBSD.org, Holger.Kipp@alogis.com
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [solved] Re: USB uscanner0 I/O-Error

Michael Nottebrock (michaelnottebrock@gmx.net) wrote:

>Nope. But sometimes a preview scan will drive the scanhead too far, yielding
>very unhealthy sounding noises. I've posted that to sane-devel yesterday and
>it seems more people have experienced similar things...

Yep, I can confirm this from xsane (pressing the preview-button with something
like a4-portrait selected as size) :-(

Even stopping a preview scanning on xsane (to prevent the grinding noises that
happen if the scanhead tries to scan outside the scanner) gives me a signal-11.
Hmm. Not yet end-user safe...

Regards,
Holger

I'll send my findings to the maintainers of sane and xsane as time permits.