Date:      Sun, 07 Jan 2001 17:23:10 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
Subject:   Re: NetBSD vs. FreeBSD?

Brad Knowles writes:
> At 12:00 AM -0600 2001/1/7, David Kelly wrote:
>
> >  The PowerBook doesn't have PCMCIA. But like the G4 tower it has
> >  Firewire and an Airport slot. Only reason I would have wanted PCMCIA
> >  was for the compact flash card used in my Kodak DC-290. Then again its
> >  not really an issue because the USB interface has been satisfactory.
>
> 	I'm using a G3 PowerBook now, and it definitely *does* have
> PCMCIA.  In fact, the "Wall Street" model has two PCMCIA slots (I'm
> using one of them for a Lucent WaveLAN card that I use in conjunction
> with an Apple AirPort base station).  The newer "Bronze" model has
> only one PCMCIA slot, but it also has an internal AirPort "slot".

That's good to know because in searching the pdf datasheet from Apple
specifically for PCMCIA I didn't find anything but the AirPort
reference. Then again, I read it, rather than a more accurate "Find..."
search.

AirPort socket looks awfully similar to PCMCIA. Just harder to get to.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net