Date:      Thu, 23 Feb 2006 15:37:31 +0000
From:      Ashley Moran <work@ashleymoran.me.uk>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Cc:        Terry <terry@bluelight.org.uk>
Subject:   Re: AMD 64 stability

On Wednesday 22 February 2006 23:11, Terry wrote:
> I have a ASUS 64 bit board and cpu spare so was considering using these
> with amd64 version. But due to the data centre being 300 mile away i
> thought i would check how you guys are finding it first :). Or shall i
> play it safe and use the i386 i just can't decide

I've got a server based around an A8V Deluxe.  Runs abolutely great, SATA RAID
and everything.  Postgres flies on it.  Getting Java running in the last
couple of days was a pain, but that is down to i386 emulation issues.  Not
had any other problems at all.

I'm so pleased with it I simply won't buy another server that won't run
FreeBSD/amd64 natively - although currently that does mean it can take longer
to find a compatible server than to actually install it.

Ashley