Date:      Wed, 16 Feb 2000 18:37:41 +0100 (CET)
From:      Ronald Klop <ronald@node11a94.a2000.nl>
To:        "Valery V. Lunyov" <val@nensi.net>
Cc:        KAMIL MUHD <changtze@hotmail.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ESS1869 sound card problem....

On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, Valery V. Lunyov wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, KAMIL MUHD wrote:
>

> > Hi...
> >
> > I have this ESS1869 ver 1.0.10 sound card and having problem to configure
> > it. I'm taking this from my windowz settings.
> >

> 	There were many problems with my ESS688 Sound Card with both
> 	snd and pcm drivers. I have installed patched pcm driver from
> 	http://home.jp.freebsd.org/~sanpei/ and my card working
> 	fine now!
>
> 	Thanks for developers!
>
> 	Only one problem present in this time - sometimes kde mixer
> 	don't work properly.

I have a ESS688 (pnp) working with the snd drivers in my FreeBSD box.
These are the settings:
in /boot/kernel.conf:
pnp 1 0 enable os port0 0x240 irq0  5 drq0 3
pnp 1 1 enable os port0 0x388
pnp 1 2 enable os port0 0x201
pnp 1 3 enable os port0 0x320 irq0  7
pnp 1 4 enable os port0 0x170 irq0 15

in my kernel config file:
controller snd0
device sb0      at isa? port 0x240 irq 5 drq 3
device opl0     at isa? port 0x388
device mpu0     at isa? port 0x320 irq 7
device joy0     at isa? port 0x201

and the following for the IDE controller (and disk) on the soundcard.

controller  wdc1    at isa? port "IO_WD2" bio irq 15 flags 0x80ff0008
disk        wd2 at wdc1 drive 0

> > DMA - 01
> > DMA - 03
> > IRQ - 05
> > I/O range - 0220-022F
> > I/O range - 0388-038B
> > I/O range - 0330-0331
> >
> > I doesn't really know how to add it into the kernel. Before this I was using
> > the OSS (open sound system) but the evaluation copy has expired. Can anyone
> > help me? Thank you.
>

> 	Try to install new pcm driver wich supports ESS1869 too.
>

> 	My Bests!
> 	Valery V. Lunyov - SysAdmin @ ISP NENSI Information Center
> 				Cherkassy, Ukraine

Ronald Klop