Date:      Fri, 14 May 1999 15:54:38 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD current users <FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Build failure under 3.1-STABLE

Somebody sent a message to -questions today about trying "make world"
under 3.1-STABLE, but the make died in modules/vinum.  Unfortunately,
I accidentally deleted the message, so I can't remember who it was.
I've checked this out, and I think I can safely say:

1.  There's nothing wrong with the build in 3.2-BETA (there is
    currently no -STABLE branch).

2.  I recognize the error messages, though: they come from a small
    window in 4.0-CURRENT.  Vinum is currently broken in -CURRENT
    since a number of commits to low-level were made.  I'm going to
    take a look, and it should be fixed soon.  In the meantime, "make
    world" no longer tries to build the Vinum kld module.

    This suggests to me that the originator of the message doesn't
    realize it, but he's tracking -CURRENT, not -STABLE.  If you don't
    know how to fix that, post another question.

Greg