Date:      Tue, 08 Apr 2003 11:53:11 -0700
From:      Hilmi Hilmiev <hilmi@wizzbit.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ipfw +  bridge + freeBSD 5.0 + droped bdg packets

I want to use it as a bridged firewall using two xl NICs.  The kernel is a derivative of GENERIC with options:

options IPSEC
options IPSEC_ESP
options IPSEC_DEBUG

options IPFIREWALL
options IPDIVERT
options IPFIREWALL_FORWARD

options IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE
options IPFILTER
options IPFILTER_LOG
options IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT=100
options IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT
options MROUTING

options BRIDGE

For bridging I use:

sysctl net.link.ether.bridge_cfg=xl0,xl1
sysctl net.link.ether.bridge_ipfw=1
sysctl net.link.ether.bridge=1

But when I make "up" the bridge option (sysctl net.link.ether.bridge=1), I get messages:
Apr  8 10:47:58 pantser kernel: ether_input: drop bdg packet, bif 0x5
Apr  8 10:48:29 pantser last message repeated 9 times

I have searched in google, but I can't find solution in my situation. Have somebody who can help me? What is wrong?

Best regards,

Hilmi