Date:      Sun, 14 Jun 1998 13:31:37 -0700
From:      Phyllis <phyllis@pacific.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   modem problems

this has been an ongoing problem...i used to be able to hook right up to
my isp up until i had the cpu worked on...it had crashed and packard
bell put a new motherboard in...now the cpu works fine but when i go to
connect to my isp it does not always connect...sometimes it tries and
the display lights for showing what it is doing blinks but does not
connect and sometimes it does not even try...we have taken it back but
they tell us the modem should be fine as they never touched it...that is
as far as they go on checking it...we have two providers and both says
that everything is fine on their end...we believe there must be a loose
connections or something...but we don't know that much about the
cpu...hope you can help...thanx phyllis...please send a one email each
to phyllis@pacific.net  and  phylog@saber.net  .... one of these will
get to me...thanx again...