Date:      Thu, 16 Aug 2007 08:33:06 +0300
From:      Manolis Kiagias <sonicy@otenet.gr>
To:        Freebsd questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: upgrade freebsd 6.1 to 6.2

Tomas wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I have frebsd 6.1 in my pc and I want to upgrade to 6.2, without any
> configuration application samba, apache, change.
> what sjpould do for make this task.
> somebody can I explain me.
>
> have a good night.
> TOMAS

You will need to upgrade the sources for your system, build and install
a new kernel and then rebuild and install world. These are well
described in the FreeBSD handbook, I will give you a quick summary here:
- Copy the file /usr/share/examples/cvsup/standard-supfile e.g. to your
home directory
- Edit the file and change:
*default host=CHANGE_THIS.FreeBSD.org  to a FreeBSD mirror near you (you
will find this in the handbook. This can be the same as the one you use
in ports-supfile)
Also change:
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_6_1
to:
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_6_2
so you get the 6.2-RELEASE sources.
Now, execute:
cvsup -g -L 2 ~/standard-supfile
This will get you the updated sources of 6.2-RELEASE.

Follow the instructions of the handbook, chapter 23, to rebuild kernel
and world and merge the configuration files.
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/makeworld.html