Date:      Wed, 12 Sep 2007 10:02:34 -0400
From:      Tom Ierna <tom@shockergroup.com>
To:        Zbigniew Szalbot <zszalbot@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: php5-5.2.3_1 / website behaves as if not enabled in httpd.conf

On Sep 12, 2007, at 3:23 AM, Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:
> Everything is fine here. But I think now that the problem is not with
> apache but with php. It does not even matter if I do start or
> startssl. In both instances the httpd server dies. The reason I think
> it is php-related is that when I issue php -v I get:
>
> PHP 5.2.3 with Suhosin-Patch 0.9.6.2 (cli) (built: Sep 12 2007
> 08:59:52)
> Copyright (c) 1997-2007 The PHP Group
> Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2007 Zend Technologies
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> pkg_info | grep php5
> php5-5.2.3_1        PHP Scripting Language (Apache Module and CLI)
>
> I do not really feel like upgrading apache (as suggested by someone
> else - thank you by the way) because it is just a home machine on
> which I do not need all the greatest and latest.
>
> If there's nothing obvious that comes to your mind I will try posting
> it on a php list.

Can you make a copy of /usr/local/etc/php/extensions.ini and put an
empty extensions.ini in it's place?

This will turn off all of the PHP extensions. The last time I
experienced core dumps in Apache after an upgrade of my PHP install
was when some of my PHP Extensions didn't get rebuilt.

If Apache starts with PHP working (but without extensions) then you
can narrow down which extensions didn't get rebuilt when you upgraded
to /usr/ports/lang/php5-extensions.

Best,
-Tom