Date:      Tue, 9 Jul 2002 04:28:00 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Karl Agee <kdagee@attglobal.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: a few newbie questions...

On 2002-07-08 18:08 +0000, Karl Agee wrote:
> 1) how does one increase space of a slice?  I need to increase /usr.
> reinstall the best answer???

Read growfs(8).  A backup/repartition/restore works too.

> 2) cant run cvsup from a gui.  my box is standalone, connected to
> internet via dialup.  Dont have a static ip.  It complains that it
> cant find it's ip.  dialing in with kppp.  I can cvsup from command
> line though, I'd like to use the gui.

You need X11 to run the cvsup gui.  Then you have to install the
proper package.  The homepage of John Polstra, the author of CVSup,
has links to precompiled binaries for both versions.  Visit:
http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jdp/

> 3) would like to get my burner going.  It's an atapi hp.  I have two
> cdroms that being one.  Compile in scsi emulation???

No need for SCSI emulation.  Read the manpage of burncd(8).