Date:      Tue, 16 Mar 1999 22:41:08 +0100 (CET)
From:      Christoph Sold <christoph.sold@pk.she.de>
To:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>, FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/10285: 2.2.8-S => 3.1-S make aout-to-elf-build fails

Daniel C. Sobral writes:
 > Sheldon Hearn wrote:
 > >
 > > On Fri, 12 Mar 1999 01:24:25 +0900, "Daniel C. Sobral" wrote:
 > >
 > > > It is possible to move from 2.2.x to 3.1-S, through the use of the
 > > > "upgrade" target instead of the "world" target.
 > >
 > > Thanks.
 > >
 > > I don't suppose that "Error code 2" that the originator got out of the
 > > blue could have been related to disk space?
 >
 > Sorry, I don't recall the PR. Yeah, I could check it on the web, I
 > know... :) But Mike and Jordan are better contacts on this. Try
 > Jordan, since someone has been adding an extra dose of caffeine on
 > his coffee lately, making him very responsive. That, or he has been
 > smoking something. Or maybe a hardware upgrade... :-)
 >
 > <sound of fist smashing into one's head as one remembers he keeps
 > all PRs on a mail folder>
 >
 > Ok, this falls straight in the "I don't have a clue" class of
 > upgrade problems. :-) As far as *I* know, at least. What he has for
 > a /tmp, /usr/src, /usr/obj, disk space, as you mention (aout-to-elf
 > uses double the disk space a normal world uses), and is he doing
 > something outside of specs with his hardware would be my questions,
 > since it seems obvious he has a -O, no more, no less, in his
 > make.conf.
 >
 > Alas, my comment about the upgrade target would not help him, since
 > it does a aout-to-elf anyway.

Thanks for the hints, apologies fro the delay. As far as I know FFS,
my /usr/obj file system filled up during build. It was empty before:

root@cheasy[~]$ df -k
Filesystem  1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/wd0s2a     63567    19922    38560    34%    /
/dev/wd0s2g    406575   355794    18255    95%    /src
/dev/wd0s2f     31775        6    29227     0%    /tmp
/dev/wd2s1e   1952687  1198302   598171    67%    /usr
/dev/wd0s2e     47183    17427    25982    40%    /var
procfs              4        4        0   100%    /proc
root@cheasy[/usr]$ ls -alF o*
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root  wheel  9 Feb 19 14:23 obj@ -> /src/obj/

Any idea how to mount my wd0s2g (a former DOS partition) into the
/usr/obj tree, so the build may succeed?

Thanks for the help
-Christoph Sold
P.S: yes, I know about concatened disks. No, you cannot install them
after the other partitions are filled up with data. Too bad.