Date:      Mon, 16 Nov 2015 22:25:34 +1030
From:      Shane Ambler <FreeBSD@ShaneWare.Biz>
To:        Lev <leventelist@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: codelite vs. 10.2

On 16/11/2015 09:00, Lev wrote:
> Hi folks,
>

> I'm trying to build codelite 9.0 (from upstream) on FreeBSD 10.2.
>
> After a bit of tweaking of the CMakeLists.txt, I am puzzled with this error:
>
> -- SQLITE3_INCLUDE_DIR: /usr/local/include
> -- SQLITE3_LIBRARY: /usr/local/lib/libsqlite3.so
> -- BUILD_DIRECTORY is set to /usr/home/leva/src/codelite-9.0/build
> -- OS name FreeBSD
> -- wx-config used is: /usr/local/bin/wxgtk2u-3.0-config
> -- wxWidgets version is: 3.0.2
> -- gtk version is: 2
> -- LIBSSH_LIB is set to /usr/local/lib/libssh.so
> -- PLUGINS_DIR is set to /opt/lib/codelite
> -- Using wxAuiNotebook
> -- Building in Release mode
> -- CMAKE_INSTALL_DO_STRIP is TRUE
> -- Executables will be written into /usr/home/leva/src/codelite-9.0/build/bin
> -- Shared Objects will be written into /usr/home/leva/src/codelite-9.0/build/lib
> -- Adding -DNDEBUG to definitions
> -- CPACK_SYSTEM_NAME --amd64
> -- ARCH 64
> -- ARCH_NAME x86_64
> -- *** NOTICE ***: clang code completion support is disabled
> -- *** NOTICE ***: On Ubuntu / Debian you might want to install libclang-3.4-dev package
> -- USE_SFTP is set to 1
> CMake Error at /usr/local/share/cmake/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:148 (message):
>    Could NOT find wxWidgets (missing: wxWidgets_FOUND)
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>    /usr/local/share/cmake/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:388 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
>    /usr/local/share/cmake/Modules/FindwxWidgets.cmake:871 (FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
>    sdk/wxsqlite3/CMakeLists.txt:9 (find_package)
>

> So at line 6 it finds wxWidgets, but at the end it complains that it
> hasn't.
>
> I think this is more like a cmake question, but I hope someone can help me. Thanks.
>
> Lev

I would suggest using ports. As the port has not been updated to 9.0
you can just use it as a starting point. The codelite port includes
patches and settings that perform steps like dos2unix conversion and
shebang fixes that can help you along.

You can make a copy of editors/codelite and adjust the version. I just
had success building by only updating the version and checksum.

cd /usr/ports/editors
cp -R codelite codelite9
cd codelite9
sed -i '' -e 's|8\.1|9\.0|' Makefile
make makesum
make

You will then want to update the pkg-plist. make check-plist will list
the adjustments that you need to make. Then rebuild and run make install

When you have done this and checked that it runs you should consider
submitting an update to http://bugs.freebsd.org

--
FreeBSD - the place to B...Software Developing

Shane Ambler