Date:      Tue, 27 May 2014 10:41:43 -0600
From:      markham breitbach <markhamb@corp.ssimicro.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD 8 support

I operate a distributed cluster of FreeBSD servers running on version
8.  We have a significant amount of custom in-house software and an
array of rather uniquely configured OSS installed from packages / ports
/ or built from source as required.   All that to say, upgrading
represents a significant amount of work, not to mention regression
testing of some fairly complex systems.

It looks like FreeBSD 8.4 has "extended" support expected to last until
June 30, 2015.  Can anyone tell me if that is expected to be the EOL for
FreeBSD 8 or is an 8.5 release expected to follow?

Thanks

-Markham