Date:      Mon, 23 Mar 1998 09:10:57 +1100
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        finger@mindless.com
Cc:        "freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: How to shutdown the laptop...

On Sun, Mar 22, 1998 at 10:41:01PM +0100, Alexander Finger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running FreeBSD 2.2.5 on my AcerNote 370pcx Laptop, everything works
> fine.... but I can't "zzz" my laptop... if I try, the machine hangs up
> completely without any "famous last words...." or something else...

Well that certainly sounds like the kind of question we need to help you
sort out. I'm not sure which list it should go to, but first, what's "zzz"?
What exactly do you do to the machine, and how does it respond then?
Can you give us some more details?

> It takes no matter if I try it with or without the APM_BROKEN_STATCLOCK
> workaround.
>
> Is there something else I could try?
>
> Reading the man-pages and looking around for HOW-TOs etc... wasn't
> successfull /satisfying till now...
>
> I'm not sure if this question is right here (newbie enough or too
> technical... // something else) so if I'm completely off-topic, please
> give me a hint where I have to ask...

Even if you're not a "newbie" you might be a newbie to the support mailing
lists. In that case, it's definitely our job to give you a hand to get your
question into shape.

You might get a reply to this from freebsd-questions which is also for
newbies. I don't know if they'd understand the question better than I do,
but perhaps we can work that out first.

>                 ...best regards from Berlin...

Berlin eh? FreeBSD is everywhere! I'm in Australia.

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-

find / -name "*.conf" |more