Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 1996 09:30:49 PST
From:      "Marty Leisner" <leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com>
To:        jlrobins@zappa.cs.uncc.edu
Cc:        TKH@altagas.altagas.ca (Tim K. Hodgson), questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Windows 95 Compatability

I just had an article in the linux journal about booting issues
and running dosemu...much of what I said can be modified for freebsd

I always seem to have problems with booteasy...what I like is a
dos based loader...

Linux uses loadlin which works like a champ...

freebsd had fbsdboot...it worked for a while, but when I got another
machine (a packard bell), it can't boot properly anymore (I have to
look more at it).

What I'm doing is when I want to boot freebsd, I boot from floppy and
quickly enter
	wd(0,a)/kernel

There's a window based booting program, which idenifies the kernels
correctly (so it can read the filesystem...I don't know why fbsdboot
isn't working...

What I now think I'm going to do is boot linux/windows/dos/freebsd out of a
config.sys menu...

Also, if booteasy was modified, can a newer version be put on simtel?

--
marty
leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com