Date:      Thu, 17 Aug 2006 18:54:07 +0200
From:      Daniel Gerzo <danger@rulez.sk>
To:        "Nikolas Britton" <nikolas.britton@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: lang/php4 defaults to cgi build?

Hello Nikolas,

> lang/php4 defaults to cgi build. When did we decide this? AFAIK it
> always built the apache module in the past... isn't that standard
> procedure for building a LAMP stack?

20060506:
  AFFECTS: users of PHP
  AUTHOR: ale@FreeBSD.org

  The old PHP slave ports (phpN-cli, phpN-cgi and mod_phpN) were removed
  in favour of unified PHP ports that allow building any combination of
  PHP SAPIs (cli, cgi and apache module).
  The PHP CGI binary was renamed to php-cgi, so you should update
  the path in your script. To simplify the update process, *only* for
  this release a 'php' compatibility symlink to php-cgi will be created
  if you don't select the CLI SAPI.
  Before the upgrade you *should* run 'make config' in lang/php4 or
  lang/php5 to configure the SAPIs you want to install.
  As a consequence the default binary packages include the CLI and the
  FastCGI SAPIs.

--
Best regards,
 Daniel                            mailto:danger@rulez.sk