Date:      Sun, 2 May 2010 22:49:27 +0200
From:      Remko Lodder <remko@elvandar.org>
To:        Tim A <cxtim@live.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dixit port bad management

On May 2, 2010, at 9:59 PM, Tim A wrote:

>=20
> 1) I don't understand why the Textproc/Dixit port is so badly managed. =
The program itself is at version 10.4, while your unprofessional port =
still stays at version 1.0.1, claiming that the GCC 4.2 compilation is =
broken.=20
>=20
> 2) I don't understand either why you don't use Dixit sourceforge RSS =
feeds to know when a new version is available.=20
>=20
> 3) I don't understand how your Dixit port points to files which don't =
exist anymore.
>=20
> 4) I don't understand the suprematism attitude of the maintainers in =
charge, who don't give a penny on the programs they are suppose to =
maintain. They are only interested in the statistics generated by their =
unprofessional ports, but not in their quality. =20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Tim
> 		 	   		 =20

Dear Tim,

Thank you for sending this email. As you might understand, people come =
and go on the project, things get fixed, imported, and left alone.
But.. the great part of our community is.. you can help! I see that this =
is hurting you badly.. you can change this, you can help us upgrading
the port, and making sure it entirely works. How about that? I invite =
you to become an active member of the community and help us to get
proper support.

Untill then, your email is noted and hopefully someone will have the =
time/motivation etc to fix this.

Thank you for using FreeBSD!

--=20
/"\   Best regards,                        | remko@FreeBSD.org
\ /   Remko Lodder                      | remko@EFnet
X    http://www.evilcoder.org/    |
/ \   ASCII Ribbon Campaign    | Against HTML Mail and News