Date:      Sun, 03 Feb 2002 22:31:33 +0900
From:      Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@mahoroba.org>
To:        Daniel Haischt <sirabyss@gmx.net>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: cyrus-imapd-2.0.16_2

Hi,

>>>>> On Sun, 3 Feb 2002 11:39:58 +0100 (MET)
>>>>> Daniel Haischt <sirabyss@gmx.net> said:

sirabyss> have you ever tried to compile 'cyrus-imapd-2.1.1'?

Yes, I've done IPv6 support and been running it here.
However, since, I have no interest to an IPv4 only application, I
don't have any experience about compilation of cyrus-imapd-2.1.1
without IPv6 support. ;-)
There is my IPv6 support patch in:

  http://www.imasy.or.jp/~ume/ipv6/cyrus-imapd-2.1.1-ipv6-20020118.diff.gz

I believe applying the patch solves your problem.

sirabyss> i've installed sasl2 with saslauthd on my freebsd 4.4
sirabyss> box and tried to configure the cyrus imap daemon
sirabyss> with the following arguments.

sirabyss> i am doing this cause i was not able to compile the sasl port
sirabyss> from the ports collection. i didn't even understand why it
sirabyss> applies a mysql patch if i did not select to compile sasl
sirabyss> with mysql support ...

Since I'm not a maintainer of cyrus-sasl v1 port, I have no idea about
it.

sirabyss> unfortunatly, i am not able to compile the whole thing :(
sirabyss> i am getting a compiler error right after runing make.

sirabyss> ### Making all in /usr/home/haischt/cyrus-imapd-2.1.1/et
sirabyss> gcc -c -I/usr/local/include/db3  -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include
sirabyss> -I/usr/local/include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I./../lib -I. -I.. -g -O2 error_message.c
sirabyss> In file included from ../config.h:242,
sirabyss>                  from error_message.c:47:
sirabyss> /usr/include/sys/socket.h:52: syntax error before `sa_family_t'

	... snip ...

sirabyss> Stop in /usr/home/haischt/cyrus-imapd-2.1.1/et.
sirabyss> *** Error code 1

sirabyss> any ideas?

It seems you need to include sys/types.h before sys/socket.h in
somewhere.

BTW, though cyrus-sasl-2.1.0 and cyrus-imapd-2.1.1 is running fine to
me here, there are some issue to be solved to make the port available.

1) It requires Perl 5.6.0 to run cyradm.  Though it runs fine on
   5-CURRENT, it doesn't run on 4-STABLE.  I found workaround but
   dirty.

2) There is conflict with cyrus-sasl port in install location of its
   include files.  Originally cyrus-sasl installs its include files
   into /usr/local/include.  But, the cyrus-sasl port changed the
   location to /usr/local/include/sasl.  The cyrus-sasl2 installs its
   include files into /usr/local/include/sasl to avoild conflict with
   *original* cyrus-sasl so that v1 and v2 can be co-exist.
   Unfortunatally, it conflicts with cyrus-sasl port.

ume@mahoroba.org  ume@bisd.hitachi.co.jp  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/