Date:      Tue, 11 Sep 2001 22:36:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?q?Keith=20Spencer?= <bsd2000au@yahoo.com.au>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: how to ppp with a TA with an rj45 not a serial connection to my machine???

Generally, a TA has a serial port that plugs into a host computer.  The
only ISDN equipment that I've seen that use ethernet are actual ISDN
routers.  In the case of a router, the host simply talks ethernet to the
router which in turn handles terminating the ISDN line and doing PPP.

Was there any documentation that came with this TA that explained what
host protocol was required?

Joe