Date:      Tue, 9 Oct 2001 10:44:26 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        Jonathan Chen <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>
Cc:        louie miranda <mirandaj@team.ph.inter.net>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Xwindows / KDE Q.

On Tue, 9 Oct 2001, Jonathan Chen wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 09:35:57AM +0800, louie miranda wrote:
> > Hi, on XWIN/KDE - when u lock the screen..
> > the screen locks, but when i enter
> >
> > CTRL + ALT + F1 -- it exits the XWIN/KDE system, and prompts me to terminal1
> > and the KDE is still running and if i press CTRL + C the KDE/WIN
> > cancells/shutdowns..
> >
> > what can i do to prevent this from happening?
>
> You could read the port notes /usr/ports/x11/kdebase2/pkg-message:

In my case, kcheckpass without the setuid bit would lock the screen
but would not accept any password as valid, and you could ALT-F# your
way out to a terminal.  Adding the setuid bit lets you unlock things
with the right password, but you can _still_ ALT-F# your way out to a
terminal.  Also, wether it has the setuid bit or not, none of the
screensavers actually work.  Everything that was on the screen is
still there with the exception that the content is frozen (no updates)
while it is locked.  Is a setuid bit missing on some other KDE
component?

--
 Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
 FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet