Date:      Sat, 24 Jun 2006 00:56:34 +0200
From:      Erwin Lansing <erwin@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RT 3.6.0 port

--mT/EkForZZEIFsY4

On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 05:04:36PM -0400, Vivek Khera wrote:
>=20
> Also, I've requested a repo copy of rt34 into rt36 for historical =20
> purposes, but I'm not sure that's really necessary.  It seems to me =20
> we could just make a new port from scratch.  Any opinions on that?
>=20
If a new port shared the history of an existing port, usually by being a
newer or development version of a stable port, we do a repocopy for
starting the new port to preserve that history. Without looking at the
patch, I'd say that this rule goes for the rt34 to rt36 move as well.
Unless the new source is completely unrelated to the old one, a repocopy
is the way to go.

Cheers,
-erwin

--=20
Erwin Lansing                                     http://droso.org
Security is like an onion.          (o_ _o)
It's made up of several layers   \\\_\   /_///    erwin@FreeBSD.org
And it makes you cry.            <____) (____>    erwin@aauug.dk

--mT/EkForZZEIFsY4

--mT/EkForZZEIFsY4--