Date:      Sun, 25 Jul 2010 23:37:37 +0300
From:      Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr@gmail.com>
To:        Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd@jdc.parodius.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org, Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
Subject:   Re: zpool destroy causes panic

25.07.2010 23:18, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
> Footnote: can someone explain to me how ZFS would, upon reboot, know
> that /tmp/sparsefile[12].img are part of the pool?  How would ZFS taste
> metadata in this situation?

Just hacking it.

Each ZFS device which is part of the pool tracks all other devices which
are part of the pool with their sizes, device ids, last known points. It
doesn't know that /tmp/sparsefile[12].img is part of the pool, yet it
does know that pool have had some /tmp/sparsefile[12].img before and now
they can't be found or current contents doesn't look like ZFS device.

Can you try moving current files to /tmp/sparsefile[34].img and then
readd them to the pool with zpool replace? One by one please.

--
Sphinx of black quartz judge my vow.