Date:      Fri, 13 May 2011 11:35:45 -0700
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Mike Seda <maseda@stanford.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE

On May 13, 2011, at 11:29 AM, Mike Seda wrote:
> If I install FreeBSD-9.0-CURRENT, I will be able to upgrade to FreeBSD-9.0-RELEASE (once available) via the freebsd-update utility, right?

There isn't a supported RELENG_9 branch, yet.

Once it exists, it is likely that you could use freebsd-update to move from the published betas or RC versions of 9.0 to 9.0-RELEASE, but you're not going to be able to move from some arbitrary snapsnot from HEAD to 9.0-RELEASE with freebsd-update.

Regards,
--
-Chuck