Date:      Sun, 13 Sep 1998 21:17:36 +1000
From:      Alex Kiaos <akiaos@wr.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   How do I set a up a peer to peer network

My name is Alex Kiaos and I have a question regarding networking.

I want to set up peer to peer networking using FreeBSD using RJ-45
and a cross-over cable.

 At the moment, the system detects my SMC card as ed0,
however, what steps do I need to take from here to make it TCP/IP
aware?

  I have a linux book which talks about 'ifconfig' and the 'rc' files,
however
I don't seem to be having much success with it.

  If you could give me some pointers or point me in the direction of
where I could
find this information, I would gratefully appreciate it !

I am new to UNIX, however I know enough to be able to browse around the
system
and set up serial terminals. However , the networking just has me a
little stumped at the
moment.

  I think the work you have done and continue to do on FreeBSD is
excellent, and I
think it's great that FreeBSD & UNIX is gaining more popularity as time
continues.

Best Regards, Alex