Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 2000 16:52:42 +0100
From:      Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>
To:        opentrax@email.com
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: docs/22042: spelling error

Now, normally I don't answer such posts, but since you were kind to address
it directly to me, I will have to...

On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 07:24:06AM -0800, opentrax@email.com wrote:
<snip>
> Not true. All good business do this, else the don't survive.
> Airlines tell the airline MFG the want quiter planes.
> Why, their cusomters asked? The customers did write
> the MFG and say, "hey make quiter planes.", the airline did.

Sorry but how does this come here? If they did, they did because it was
*them* who felt the need to do so.

> We get away with it because we have shoody workmanship
> as part of our business. Won't you like to have a Word Proccessor
> that came garantueed?  Or a CD-ROM writer that worked
> like it was supposed to?

Is bugging someone about something which they did not make or are
responsible for the way to achieve this?

(BTW the word 'guaranteed' struck me. Just FYI, many parts of the
limitation of liability clauses in standard software licenses are just plain
invalid here in Europe. So yes, my word processor is is some way guaranteed,
no matter what the license says.)

> I note that your domain is "hu", if you are not part
> of the USA how can you assume that this is the BSD way?

I fail to see how the two depend on each other. Are you implying that only
someone "born and bred" in the USA can understand this?

Are you realising how outrageous and incorrect this statement is?

Also, what does it mean, "you are part of the USA"?

> I'm not stating this to make an issue of your residence.

You just made it, above.

> It just strikes me as strange that you would not want
> a better computer system.

I certainly do. But you always have to find the real responsible parties and
know the way to bring them to deliver what they promised. This (expecting
FreeBSD to do the work for you) is not the way, IMHO.

--
Regards:

Szilveszter ADAM
Szeged University