Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 1999 22:46:18 -0400
From:      "Michael E. Mercer" <mmercer@ipass.net>
To:        Eric Jacoboni <jaco@titine.fr.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvsup and refuse files ?

Hello,

I had trouble understanding this as well. However, it is quite
easy, once explained.

First, look into the cvsup *-supfile, to see what you have for a
base directory. This by default is set to /usr

second, go to /usr and in this directory, you should see a directory
called 'sup'.

In this directory you will find for instance ports-all, doc-all,
src-all, etc...

For you, I will use the doc-all directory.

cd /usr/sup/doc-all
create a file called 'refuse' and add these lines to it. I like to
put them line by line though not required.
doc/es
doc/ru

once you have done this, your set. Next time you run cvsup, it will
effectively ignore this and any subdirectories under /usr/doc/es and
/usr/doc/ru.

If I have incorrectly spoken, please correct me.
later
Michael Mercer
mmercer@ipass.net