Date:      Fri, 6 Nov 2015 10:53:51 +0500
From:      "Eugene M. Zheganin" <emz@norma.perm.ru>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: unable to boot a healthy zfs pool: all block copies unavailable

Hi.

On 06.11.2015 02:58, Andriy Gapon wrote:

> It could be that your BIOS is not able to read past 1TB (512 * INT_MAX). That
> seems to be a rather common problem for consumer motherboards.
> Here is an example of how it looked for me:
> https://people.freebsd.org/~avg/IMAG1099.jpg
> Fortunately, it wasn't a root pool that got the error.
Mine looks way different: yours shows the pool info, mine shows 'BTX
halted' message: http://zhegan.in/files/cannot-read-MOS.jpg . I'm
running the latest BIOS for this motherboard (Gigabyte Z77P-D3, updated
yesterday, stilll it's only 2012h year). If it's still the BIOS-related
bug, what wokraround can I use - reslice the disk and create the root
pool inside first Tb, right ?

Thanks.
Eugene.