Date:      Sat, 28 Nov 1998 16:43:47 +0000
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        Willliam Woods <WillliamW@netscape.net>
Cc:        majordom@FreeBSD.ORG, Bill Woods <wwoods@cybcon.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Re: Weird CPU useage]

Willliam Woods wrote:

> > Hmmm... I have a dual PP200 system here, I'll see if I get a similar result
> > (not obviously noticed this to be honest... ;-)
> OK, thanks. Everything ran just fine untill I compiled the new cvsup.

I'm now running -current as of about 4 hours ago, and so far (fingers crossed
;-) - it looks OK...

> > > Now this would be all fine and dandy, (faster is better right?), except
> > I'm sorry? - Are you saying that the CPU running RC5 or a 'tight-loop'
> > shouldn't produce that much heat?
>
> Not really, what I said about the loop was just to point out that it did not
> seem like rc5 was the culpret in this case.

OK - I thought you were complaining about the heat produced when just running
RC5 ;-) - I was trying to make the point, just because it runs 'nice' (and
only in otherwise Idle time) - it's still doing work, therefore still
generates more heat (then the HALT / idle states it's replacing ;-)

Regards,

Karl