Date:      Fri, 8 May 1998 18:36:10 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
To:        grog@lemis.com (Greg Lehey)
Cc:        andrzej@maciek.gv.edu.pl, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Archive 2150L jumper setting

As Greg Lehey wrote...
> On Thu,  7 May 1998 at 12:50:43 +0200, Andrzej Szydlo wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have several Archive 2150L tape drives (QIC-02) with SC402 controller.
> > Unfortunately I don't have any jumper setting docs and controllers are not
> > set defaults. The most problematic is I/O address setting. Could please
> > someone send me an example settings? I only need one working example.

<Grab> (pulls out ancient FE manual):

On the drive itself you don't want any jumpers installed.

SC402:

Base I/O can be 0x00-0x07 to 0x7f8-0x7ff (all on 8 byte boundaries)
straps CMP3 to CMP10 represent the binary base address. Strap installed is
0. CMP3 is topmost strap.

e.g. 0x200: only CMP9 installed.

Hope this helps,

Wilko