Date:      Sun, 26 Dec 2004 13:15:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@corbulon.video-collage.com>
To:        marcus@marcuscom.com (Joe Marcus Clarke)
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mozilla hangs on startup after -stable upgrade

> This is a fairly FAQ.  It can be caused by aggressive optimizations
> (e.g. unroll-loops), or by font problems (i.e. try running fc-cache -f
> -v).  If you've compiled using default CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS, and your
> fontconfig cache is okay, try running mozilla -g, and see where it's
> crashing.

But I did not recompile mozilla initially! Nor any of the ports, for
that matter.

All I did was rebuilt world -- with `-O -march=pentiumpro -pipe', just
as the previous world rebuild was done in September, when no ports
broke. Was there some subtle change in, say, threading libraries?

Mozilla -- neither the old 1.4.2, nor the newly rebuilt 1.7.5 -- is not
crashing. According to ktrace/kdump, mozilla-bin keeps making syscalls.
Just no GUI ever appears :-(. But when I finally kill it, it even
removes the lock symlink on its way out.

Thanks,

	-mi