Date:      Tue, 7 Oct 2003 19:38:41 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Darryl Hoar <darryl@osborne-ind.com>
Cc:        'Matthew Seaman' <matthew@cryptosphere.com>
Subject:   Re: redirect.pl - where is it ?

--mP3DRpeJDSE+ciuQ

[Quoting got rather mangled: fixed by hand]

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 10:57:33AM -0500, Darryl Hoar wrote:
> From: Matthew Seaman [mailto:matthew@cryptosphere.com]
> > On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 08:42:58AM -0500, Darryl Hoar wrote:

> > > I have FreeBSD 4.7 stable installed on a machine.  In
> > > addition, I have apache 1.13 installed an configured.
> > > I'm trying to locate redirect.pl for my cgi-bin directory.
> > > Where is this file located ?
=20
> >     % grep ScriptAlias /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf
=20
> > but it's usually /usr/local/www/cgi-bin
=20
> my ScriptAlias points to /usr/local/www/cgi-bin
> redirect.pl is not in /usr/local/www/cgi-bin.
> A search of the system doesn't locate the=20
> redirect.pl file.  A check of several FreeBSD
> systems I have access to, shows the same thing.
> No redirect.pl file.

Sorry, I thought you were asking where to put your redirect.pl script
you had written or obtained some other way.  Hmmm.. redirect.pl is not
part of any apache software installation I've ever dealt with.

Neither is it part of the apache_1.3.28 sources.

It is mentioned in the following plists for ports currently in the
tree:

    % find . -name '*plist' -print0 | xargs -0 grep redirect.pl=20
    ./irc/irssi/pkg-plist:share/irssi/scripts/redirect.pl
    ./www/bk2site/pkg-plist:%%CGIDIR%%/redirect.pl

but you'll have to investigate if either of those is the script you're
thinking of.

If that doesn't come up trumps, then I guess that this is some sort of
locally written CGI that you've run into on another system: you'll
have to ask the admins of that system where it comes from.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                      Savill Way