Date:      Mon, 23 Jan 1995 21:31:39 -0600 (CST)
From:      obiwan!bob@uudell.us.dell.com (Bob Willcox)
To:        rb@gid.co.uk (Bob Bishop)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ep, 3C579

Bob Bishop wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> On 2.0R, does the ep driver work with 3C579?
>
> If so, how should it be configured? I have the driver recognising the card
> at 0x8000 (ie slot 8) and the interface seems to come up, but it won't pass
> packets enough for ping to work (half-formed entries in the ARP cache).
>
> Had to configure the card on interrupt 9 and the driver on irq 10 otherwise
> got complaints about mismatch from the driver. This doesn't seem right, but
> I know nothing about EISA anyway.

What are you using for a config file specification for your card?  I can't
even get as far as you have.  Though the epprobe routine finds the card
I haven't a clue what interface specification to use.  I have tried
a variety of ep? values to no avail.

--
Bob Willcox                ...!{rutgers|ames}!cs.utexas.edu!uudell!obiwan!bob
Austin, TX                             or try: @uudell.us.dell.com:obiwan!bob