Date:      Wed, 24 Dec 1997 07:42:40 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        mgraffam@mhv.net (Michael Graffam)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: difference between Freebsd and Linux

> I can tell you, if I called Wolfram Research and said "I'm having trouble
> with my Linux copy of Mathematica" I wont get as good support as if I
> was using it for Windows or Solaris or something. This is just a fact of
> life. Now call them as say "I cant get Mathematica for Linux to run under
> Linux emulation in FreeBSD" .. if they just hang up consider yourself
> lucky.

	funny.....i have done just that...called Wolfram Research
	for support running Mathematica for Linux using FreeBSD.
	they were very courteous and helped my redo the installation
	script to accomdate the "brandelf -t Linux" command.

	basically, move the install binaries to disk, brand them
	and run them ;)
jmb