Date:      Thu, 9 Oct 1997 10:09:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Paul Dekkers <paul@cgu.ml.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HELP! TERMCAP Problems?

On Thu, 9 Oct 1997, Paul Dekkers wrote:

> > I don't know why this has been laying around in my mailbox, but it looks
> > like this is a bug and has been fixed in -current.
>
> Hmm... but I don't really want to upgrade my whole system to a new FreeBSD
> version, as everything is running fine now after a long time of
> finetuning... isn't there just a patch available, or can't I copy some of
> the fixed-parts to my new system?

I'd have to verify this, but you should be able to pull down the
src/libexec/telnetd directory out of the CVS tree and rebuild it.

I can pull this out and put it up for FTP if that would be useful.

Log:

1.12 Wed Oct 8 3:10:32 1997 by uhclem
CVS Tags: HEAD
Diffs to 1.11

PR:             bin/771 and bin/1037 are resolved by this change
This change changes the default handling of linemode so that older and/or
stupider telnet clients can still get wakeup characters like <ESC> and
<CTRL>D to work correctly multiple times on the same line, as in csh
"set filec" operations.   It also causes CR and LF characters to be read
by
apps in certain terminal modes consistently, as opposed to returning
CR sometimes and LF sometimes, which broke existing apps.  The change
was shown to fix the problem demonstrated in the FreeBSD telnet client,
along with the telnet client in Solaris, SCO, Windows '95 & NT, DEC OSF,
NCSA, and others.

A similar change will be incorporated in the crypto version of telnetd.

This resolves bin/771 and bin/1037.