Date:      Wed, 6 May 1998 12:46:26 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        William Woods <wwoods@cybcon.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Partitioning

On Tue,  5 May 1998 at 19:08:58 -0700, William Woods wrote:
> I have a question regarding setting up the /swap /var /usr and / file
> systems. How would you set this up useing 2 1.2 gig drives?

First disk:

      /		40 MB
      swap	128 MB
      /usr	the rest

Second disk:

      /home	the whole disk

Create directory /home/var and a symbolic link /var to /home/var.
Create all home directories on /home (for example, you might choose
/home/wwoods as your home directory).  That way, you can almost leave
/usr read-only, which a number of people have been advocating lately.

Greg