Date:      Tue, 8 Jan 2008 03:09:36 +0000
From:      Stephen Butler <stephenbh@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   First Step to fixing ACPI problem

Hello everyone,
=20
I have installed freebsd 6.2 onto a 2002 model acer travelmate 250.
=20
And have the following problem,
=20
When booting the laptop If I dont disable ACPI mode then it freezes and can=
 only be shutdown by holding the power button in for about 6 seconds.
=20
Disabling acpi in /boot/loader.conf takes care of the problem.
=20
However this leaves me guessing when the battery is going to die and I loos=
e some work.
=20
Please let me know what info I need to post so I can get the ball rolling o=
n this problem
=20
kind Regards,
Steve.
Overpaid or Underpaid? Check our comprehensive Salary Centre
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fcontent%2Emycareer%2Ecom%=
2Eau%2Fsalary%2Dcentre%3Fs%5Fcid%3D595810&_t=3D766724125&_r=3DHotmail_Email=
_Tagline_MyCareer_Oct07&_m=3DEXT=