Date:      Thu, 17 Aug 2006 17:55:08 +0100
From:      Ceri Davies <ceri@submonkey.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Wilfully dirtying a filesystem

--b9dEYEwnDXkv9lSy

I have a system on which /usr is slightly hosed, but not badly enough
for it to fail a preen fsck.

I cannot easily get to single-user on this machine, so is there a good
way for me to dirty the filesystem just enough to force "fsck -p" to
fail (yanking power also difficult)?  "umount -f /usr; reboot" doesn't
seem to work...

Ceri
--=20
                                                  -- Moliere