Date:      Mon, 16 Jul 2007 22:42:39 +1000
From:      Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
To:        Rick Voland <rpvoland@spamcop.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: acroread plugin in Firefox

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 07:03:16 -0500
Rick Voland <rpvoland@spamcop.net> wrote:

> Norberto Meijome wrote:
> > On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 18:28:16 -0500
> > Rick Voland <rpvoland@spamcop.net> wrote:
> >
> >> I am unable to get PDF documents to open properly in Firefox since I
> >> updated to xorg 7.2 and linux_base-fc-4_10.
> >
> > Rick,
> > does Acrobat Reader work ok standalone?
> >

> Yes, acroread works fine standalone (before and now).
>
> > what does actually happen when you click on a link to a .pdf ?
> >
> > have you got any other application mapped to it?
> >

> I do not have any other application mapped to PDF in Firefox
> preferences.  The default pluggerrc-5.1.3 file which I use has four
> applications mapped to PDF, but acroread is first and gv is last.

[...]

> Note, that the acroread plugin does work for me when I disable the
> plugin for plugger.

Hi Rick,

mhm i just checked my ffox (native, up to date w/ports)... it acroread shows in
about:plugins, but is NOT showing in Preferences -> Content-> Filetypes
(Manage). not at all. ... but it loads fine inline (well, only that it is SOOO
much slower than xpdf!! i need to replace it :) ).

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

FAST, CHEAP, SECURE: Pick Any TWO

Warned.