Date:      Tue, 30 Oct 2012 08:18:47 -0600
From:      Ian Lepore <freebsd@damnhippie.dyndns.org>
To:        Alie Tan <alie@affle.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: announcing the availability of packages for the Arm architecture

On Tue, 2012-10-30 at 18:34 +0800, Alie Tan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is your consideration to build FreeBSD-9-ARM packages only? (
> http://wiki.freebsd.org/PackagesOnArm)
>
> Seems most of us use FreeBSD10-CURRENT to test FreeBSD-ARM
>
> Regards,
> Alie T

I use -current because that's what it takes to get anyone in the freebsd
community to pay attention to you.  If you show up with "I have this
problem _______ it's happening on freebsd 8.3," the only answer you'll
get is "Does it happen with -current?"

All in all, I have the impression that not many people "use" freebsd on
arm at all.  Lots of people play with it briefly, then wander away
because even if they do some work and try to contribute it back it never
gets committed, I think because there aren't enough committers with
enough time, the right hardware to test on, and so forth.

-- Ian