Date:      Wed, 05 Feb 2014 08:25:21 -0600
From:      Graham Allan <allan@physics.umn.edu>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: practical maximum number of drives

dmesg reports a 2308 if that makes any difference.

This is using these 45-bay Supermicro chassis, where front and back are
separate backplanes, so the front drives are on one bus and the back
drives on another. That's a detail which I forgot in my first post - so
although it's one HBA, the drives are split across both ports.

Graham