Date:      Tue, 16 Jun 1998 22:42:34 -0700
From:      Joe McGuckin <joe@via.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   What mail client do *you* use?

I'm getting ready to retire my creaky old Sun SS2. One problem though -
I'm addicted to mailtool. I need to find a functionally equivalant mail
client.

It should save messages in standard mailbox format. Also, I understand
some clients have problems with file locking. I use procmail to sort incoming
messages into about 15 or 20 mailfolders. The mail client shouldn't require
any 'staging' folders for new messages, etc.

Any suggestions? 'vm'/emacs looks interesting - any comments regarding
actual usage?

Thanks!

Joe