Date:      Thu, 11 Jul 1996 19:31:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        Scott Blachowicz <scott@statsci.com>
Cc:        Gary Chrysler <tcg@ime.net>, Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>, Martin Loeffler <martin.loeffler@utoronto.ca>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: forcing a modem to hangup

On Thu, 11 Jul 1996, Scott Blachowicz wrote:

> Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu> wrote:
>
> > modems, just because they eliminate two of the most commonly used
> > troubleshooting tools (front panel lights and breakout boxes).
>
> ...not to mention the [separate] power switch.  Seems I power cycle modems to
> reset state occasionally...
>
> Scott Blachowicz  Ph: 206/283-8802x240   Mathsoft (Data Analysis Products Div)

I agree.  I guess folks without any hardware background COULD be
intimidated by the extra hardware, but with the level of help that's
available from the FreeBSD lists, it kinda seems strange to me to get an
internal modem.  Maybe some folks want to save the 5-20 buck difference
in price ...

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |